Lethbridge County Tax Notices mailed May 26
LETHBRIDGE COUNTY- Tax Notices were mailed May 26, 2017 and are due July 31, 2017.
To avoid lineups, the following payment features are available:
1. Payment is deemed to be received on the date the service provider remits the funds to Lethbridge County, not the date on which the payment was made (unless proof of payment date can be obtained – i.e. bank statement, ATM receipt, etc.)
2. It is recommended to allow three business days when paying through the bank (in the branch, by telephone or internet banking). The bank must indicate the payment date of their remittance to Lethbridge County. Payments made after banking hours or on weekends are not processed until the next business day.
3. Payable at most financial institutions. Please check with your financial institution to ensure they accept payment for Lethbridge County.
4. Electronic payments must be received on or before the due date shown on the front of this notice. Always allow sufficient time for processing. When paying online, use the 8 digit roll number as your account number. If your roll number is less than 8 digits add zeros to the front. If paying on multiple roll numbers, please pay each individually.
5. Pre-authorized debit from your financial institution, as per your pre-authorized agreement with Lethbridge County.
6. Tax Payments may be mailed or made in person to: Lethbridge County #100, 905 – 4 Avenue South Lethbridge, AB T1J 4E4 Office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Mailed payments must be date stamped, by Canada Post, July 31 or earlier to avoid penalty- no exceptions. Please allow adequate time for mail pickup and delivery.
7. Postdated cheques are accepted. Make cheques payable to Lethbridge County. Please ensure the bottom portion of the notice accompanies payment or return entire notice if validation of receipt is required.
8. Drop off box: Payments may be deposited any time in the envelope depository at the south entrance to the County Office on or before the due date shown on the front of this notice.
9. Lethbridge County does not accept credit card for tax payments.
Taxes must be paid by July 31, 2017. Penalties, on outstanding taxes, will be applied after the following dates:
July 31, 2017 ………….. 5%
September 30, 2017 ………….. 5%
November 30, 2017 ………….. 5%
January 31, 2018 ………….. 15%
Contact the county office at 403-328-5525 if you do not receive your tax notice.
Mattie Elliott, Communications Coordinator
P. 403.328.5525 F. 403.328.5602