FIRE BAN IN EFFECT
October 18, 2017 - Due to the current HIGH Fire Hazard, warm, dry and windy conditions, effective immediately and until further notice Lethbridge County has enacted a Fire Ban on all open fires within its municipal boundaries, excluding those fires which are contained in a cooking or heating appliance fueled by fluids or gasses. This declaration is made under the authority of the Lethbridge County By-law #1423.
All active Fire Permits are cancelled.
No new Fire Permits will be issued until further notice.
The fire ban prohibits the use of all wood, briquette and propane/natural gas fires, including those contained in designated fire facilities and portable fire pits.
Gas and propane stoves, when approved for cooking, are allowed.
Check Alberta Firebans website (https://albertafirebans.ca) or the Lethbridge County website daily for any Fire Ban updates.
Functions & Links
- Alberta Emergency Alert
- Ambulance Services
- Burning Un-Harvested Crops
- Dog Control Regulations
- Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Services
- Emergency Services Billing
- Emergency Service Zones
- Fire Permits & Fire Bans
- Regulatory Services
- Rural Living
- Emergency Services Brochure
Through responsible management of Fire/Rescue, Disaster and Regulatory Services, we continually strive to enhance the quality of life for our citizens and our community.
This department provides effective and efficient responses to day-to-day emergencies through the management of Fire and Rescue Services. It prepares for, mitigates, responds to and recovers from disasters through the management of Disaster Services. The department educates citizens about and provides enforcement of municipal, provincial and federal laws through the management of Regulatory Services and fosters cooperation and coordination between all Fire and Rescue, Disaster and Regulatory Services.
- Provide for effective and efficient responses to day-to-day emergencies through the management of Fire and Rescue Services.
- Prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters through the management of Disaster Services.
- Educate citizens about and provide enforcement of municipal and provincial laws through the management of Regulatory Services.
- Foster cooperation and coordination between all Fire and Rescue, Disaster and Regulatory Services.
Dial 911 for Ambulance - Fire - Police
The County contracts the City of Lethbridge Public Safety Communications Centre for 911 dispatch services.
911 calls are routed through the Telus 911 network.
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- Alberta Fire Chiefs Association
- Alberta Health Services
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre
- City of Lethbridge Fire and EMS
- Coaldale and District Emergency Services
- Coalhurst Fire Department
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Nobleford and District Emergency Services
- Picture Butte and District Emergency Services
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- World Health Organization
If you would like more information regarding Emergency Services for the County, please contact: