FIRE ADVISORY IN EFFECT
This is a Fire Hazard Advisory. Unseasonably warm and dry conditions are contributing to a High Fire Hazard in open fuel types. Grasslands and other fine fuels are at risk to easily ignite and fires may spread rapidly
Open fires are not permitted if winds are 15km/hr. or greater. Please exercise extreme caution if burning is necessary and comply with all the rules and regulations on your Fire Permit and within the Fire Permit Bylaw. For more information, call Lethbridge County at (403) 328-5525.
Functions & Links
- Alberta Emergency Alert
- Ambulance Services
- Burning Un-Harvested Crops
- Dog Control Regulations
- Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Services
- Emergency Services Billing
- Emergency Service Zones
- Fire Permits & Fire Bans
- Regulatory Services
- Rural Living
- Emergency Services Brochure
Through responsible management of Fire/Rescue, Disaster and Regulatory Services, we continually strive to enhance the quality of life for our citizens and our community.
This department provides effective and efficient responses to day-to-day emergencies through the management of Fire and Rescue Services. It prepares for, mitigates, responds to and recovers from disasters through the management of Disaster Services. The department educates citizens about and provides enforcement of municipal, provincial and federal laws through the management of Regulatory Services and fosters cooperation and coordination between all Fire and Rescue, Disaster and Regulatory Services.
- Provide for effective and efficient responses to day-to-day emergencies through the management of Fire and Rescue Services.
- Prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from disasters through the management of Disaster Services.
- Educate citizens about and provide enforcement of municipal and provincial laws through the management of Regulatory Services.
- Foster cooperation and coordination between all Fire and Rescue, Disaster and Regulatory Services.
Dial 911 for Ambulance - Fire - Police
The County contracts the City of Lethbridge Public Safety Communications Centre for 911 dispatch services.
911 calls are routed through the Telus 911 network.
- Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- Alberta Fire Chiefs Association
- Alberta Health Services
- Canadian Association of Fire Chiefs
- Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre
- City of Lethbridge Fire and EMS
- Coaldale and District Emergency Services
- Coalhurst Fire Department
- International Association of Emergency Managers
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Nobleford and District Emergency Services
- Picture Butte and District Emergency Services
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- World Health Organization
If you would like more information regarding Emergency Services for the County, please contact: