This department oversees and manages day-to-day planning matters for the County, and assists with the responsibilities of the Development Authority pursuant to the Municipal Government Act. The department is also responsible for processing development applications and agreements, providing interpretation, explanation and guidance to members of the general public, developers and landowners, Administration, Council and related Boards and responsible for initiating changes, interpretation and enforcement of the Land Use Bylaw.
Functions & Links
- Planning Resources
- Lethbridge County Municipal Development Plan
- Area Structure Plans
- Intermunicipal Development Plans
- Land Use Bylaw (Bylaw 1404)
- Hamlet Growth Studies
- Recently Approved Development Permits
- Do I Need a Permit?
- Get a Development Permit
- Development Agreements
- Certificate of Compliance
- Forms & Documents (Development & Building Permit Applications, Schedule of Fees)
- Fees (effective January 1, 2018)
- Building Permits
- Amending A Bylaw
- Business Licenses
- Subdivision Application
- Land Sales
- Industrial-Commercial Land Use Strategy
- Grouped Country Residential Land Use Strategy
This department is primarily responsible for the review and processing of rezoning, development and subdivision applications ensuring that development occurs in compliance with the Land Use Bylaw, Municipal Development Plan and Municipal Government Act.
Department staff provides the public and County Council with information and interpretation of regulations on planning, development and the subdivision of Land in the County.
If you would like more information regarding current planning and future land uses in the County, please contact:
Hilary Janzen, RPP, MCIP
Supervisor of Planning and Development