Information for Candidates:
Eligibility of Candidates
- 18 years of age or older
- Canadian citizen
- Has been a citizen of the local jurisdiction for the six consecutive months preceding Nomination Day
Registration of Candidates
Effective January 1, 2014, the Local Authorities Election Act requires all municipal candidates to register with the Municipality in which they intend to run before they accept any campaign contributions. The form that is required to be completed and filed with the Municipality before raising funds can be accessed here.
Nomination/Information packages will be available in the very near future.
Additional Information for Candidates
- Running for Municipal Office in Alberta - A Guide for Candidates (produced by Alberta Municipal Affairs)
- Pecuniary Interest for Municipal Councillors (produced by Alberta Municipal Affairs)
- Roles And Responsibilities Of Officials In A Local Government (Alberta Municipal Affairs website)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Municipal Elections (Alberta Municipal Affairs website)