The first settlers to the Nobleford area came in 1904 to take up homesteads on what is now the Picture Butte Road. In 1909, Charles Noble, from Claresholm, purchased a large acreage in the Noble vicinity and opened a branch office of Milnes and Noble Real Estate. At the time, Matt McGregor opened the first store which brought a post office to the area.
In 1913, the name of the area was changed from Noble to Nobleford to differentiate between Noble and a town by the same name in Ontario.
Charles Noble eventually purchased more land and formed the Noble Foundation Company. Because of two years of record breaking crop yields, the little hamlet was growing and in 1918 Nobleford was incorporated as a village. At that time there were 100 residents and Charles Noble was elected the first mayor.
In 1935, Charles Noble invented the Noble Blade and it went into production the following year with a new factory being built in 1941. Over the years, Noble Blade was later sold and changed its name to New Noble, which closed its doors in the fall of 1998.
Nobleford is a growing town located 32 km northwest of the City of Lethbridge. It has public parks, Nobleford Skate Board Park, 3 km paved walking path, Tennis Court, Baseball Diamonds, Soccer Fields, Curling Club, Water Park, and a large Community Centre.
The growing community of 1,278 (2016 Statistics Canada) has a solid, expanding industrial and residential base.
Town of Nobleford
Ph: (403) 824-3555
Fax: (403) 824-3553