Wilson Siding was named after E.H. Wilson of the Alberta Railway and Irrigation Company in 1908 when a train stop was built on the CPR line.
As trains were run by steam they had to often to take on water, and Wilson Siding, 13km south east of Lethbridge, was one such stop.
The Hutterite colonies have added to the success of the Wilson Siding history having arrived in the area in June 1918 with 45 people and 7 carloads of goods and livestock. Since then colonies have expanded throughout the area.
The Alberta Wheat Pool was formed in 1923 and quickly a Pool elevator was built at Wilson. Today the Alberta Wheat Pool is the only elevator that remains, and it is a large automated grain terminal.