The municipal election will be held on Monday, October 18, 2021.
- Nomination Period: January 1, 2021 to September 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Nomination Withdrawal Deadline: September 21, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Advance Voting Day: TBD
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Official Election results announced: October 22, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Last day for recount request: November 5, 2021
Please view the menus below for more 2021 Election information:
The list of candidates will be updated regularly once the Nomination Period begins on January 1, 2021.
According to Section 47 of the Local Authorities Election Act, a person is eligible to vote in an election held pursuant to this Act if the person:
- is at least 18 years old;
- is a Canadian citizen;
- has resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding election day and the person's place of residence is located in the area on election day.
More information on voting station locations will be added soon.
The Nomination Period for the 2021 Municipal Election is January 1, 2021 to September 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. Lethbridge County will begin accepting Nomination forms on January 4, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Click the links to view:
- 2021 Local Election Nomination Period Notice
- 2021 Nomination Package- contains information on how to submit a nomination form, campaign disclosure requirements, Councillor roles and responsibilities, etc. This is an important document to read prior to submitting your nomination papers.
- 2021 Local Election Information from the Province of Alberta
For more information, call (403) 328-5525 or e-mail email@example.com