The municipal election will be held on Monday, October 18, 2021.
- Nomination Period: January 1, 2021 to September 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Nomination Withdrawal Deadline: September 21, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Advance Voting Day: TBD
- Election Day: Monday, October 18, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Official Election results announced: October 22, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
- Last day to apply for a Judicial recount: November 8, 2021
Please view the menus below for more 2021 Election information:
The list of candidates will be updated regularly.
According to Section 47 of the Local Authorities Election Act, a person is eligible to vote in an election held pursuant to this Act if the person:
- is at least 18 years old;
- is a Canadian citizen;
- has resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding election day and the person's place of residence is located in the area on election day.
Click the link for more information: Voter ID Requirements
More information on voting station locations will be added soon.
Remember to bring proper identification with you to the voting station. Click the link for ID requirements: Voter ID Requirements
The Nomination Period for the 2021 Municipal Election is January 1, 2021 to September 20, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. Lethbridge County will begin accepting Nomination forms on January 4, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
Click the link to view: 2021 Local Election Nomination Period Notice
Click the links to view:
- 2021 Nomination Package- contains information on how to submit a nomination form, campaign disclosure requirements, Councillor roles and responsibilities, etc. This is an important document to read prior to submitting your nomination papers.
- Q&A with the CAO- So, You Want to Run for Council- contains information on what to expect if you are elected as a Councillor
- 2021 Local Election Information from the Province of Alberta
- Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA)
- Legislation and Policies
- Local Authorities Election Act (LAEA)
- Municipal Government Act (MGA)- the MGA is the primary legislation that governs municipalities
- Lethbridge County Policy #166- Use of Municipal Resources for Election Campaigns
For more information, call (403) 328-5525 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org