Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A

Community Supports

Please use the drop-down menu below to find more information about supports available:

211 Alberta is a service that helps Albertans find the right resource or service for whatever issue they need help with, at the right time.  211 is available 24/7 by phone, text and chat.  The service is free, confidential and available in over 170 languages over the phone. 

Click the link to visit the 211 website: Alberta 211

Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) has programs and services available to County citizens and minimal to no cost, and include counselling, youth leadership programs, Indigenous services, Low German services, parenting and caregiver workshops, and more!

Click the link to learn more about FCSS and to access their services: Family & Community Support Services

Family violence is a crime– Call 911 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.

Call the Family Violence Info Line at 310-1818 to get help anonymously in more than 170 languages.

Reporting helplines

If you suspect someone is experiencing family violence or abuse, phone the:

  • Alberta provincial abuse helpline: 1-855-4HELPAB (1-855-443-5722) – for assistance in more than 100 languages from 7:30 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday
  • Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437) – for help 24/7
  • Protection for Persons in Care Reporting Line:1-888-357-9339– to report the abuse of an adult receiving care or support services from public funded service providers such as:       
    • hospitals
    • seniors’ lodges 
    • nursing homes
    • mental health facilities
    • shelters
    • group homes
    • addictions treatment centres
    • other supportive living settings


  • The Government of Alberta has resources for victims of family violence, including financial help and supports if you need help leaving a domestic violence situation or require legal assistance.  Click the link for more information: Alberta Family Violence Supports
  • Individuals and families can access emergency shelters and temporary housing when facing family violence, domestic violence or homelessness.  To find a shelter, click on the links:

For more information about food banks in the area, contact:

Alberta Health Services has many resources that citizens can access.  Click the link to visit the AHS website for a full list of resources: Alberta Health Services

Click the links to view resources:

The Government of Alberta has information on income supports available to citizens to pay for basic expenses like food, clothing and shelter.  Click the link for more information: Government of Alberta Income Supports or call 1-866-644-5135.

Resources are also available for Albertans facing job loss.  Click the link for more information: Employment Services for Workers Facing Job Loss 

For job search assistance, click the link: ALIS Alberta

Kids Help Phone is Canada’s only 24/7, national support service. They offer professional counselling, information and referrals and volunteer-led, text-based support to young people in both English and French.

Whether by phone, text, mobile app or through our website, you can connect with whenever you want, however you want.  The service is completely confidential.

Call 1-800-668-6868 or click the link to visit the website Kids Help Phone                                                                                

Alberta Health Services has several supports and resources available.  Click the link for a full list of resources: Alberta Health Services

Get Help Now

Click the links for additional resources: