The communities and organizations within Lethbridge County and the area host a number of activities throughout the year:
(*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many events have been cancelled or postponed in 2020):
- Coaldale Settler Days/Candy Parade- cancelled in 2020
- Barons Family Fun Day- cancelled in 2020
- Street Wheelers- cancelled in 2020
- Lethbridge International Air Show- cancelled in 2021
- Nobleford Heritage Days- cancelled in 2020
- Coalhurst Miners Days- cancelled in 2020
- Picture Butte Jamboree Days- cancelled in 2020
- Lethbridge Whoop-Up Days
- Iron Springs Parade- cancelled in 2020
- Coaldale Country Christmas Night of Lights Parade- TBD
Nobleford Heritage Days Parade- 2019
Alberta Birds of Prey Foundation
The Alberta Birds of Prey Centre is Canada’s largest birds of prey facility. Situated on a 70-acre wetland area site the centre is a celebration of nature featuring the hawks, falcons, eagles and owls of Alberta.
Hours of Operation
Open 7 days a week from 9:30am to 5:00pm from May 10th to September 10th.
Coyote Flats Pioneer Village
Formerly known as Prairie Tractor and Engine Society, members of Coyote Flats Pioneer Village have restored all the buildings and machines. The Village has over 100 machines on display consisting of antique tractors, combines, binders, threshers and numerous kinds of beet and cultivating equipment. The Threshing Show and Parade of Power is usually held the third weekend of August.
Hours of Operation
10:00am – 5:00pm Tuesday – Saturday, May 21 to September 24
Gem of the West Museum
The Gem of the West Museum is one of the largest rural museums in Southern Alberta. It showcases over 15 unique exhibits in 15,000sq.ft., and includes an art gallery and a working blacksmith shop on site. In addition to the museum, the building also serves as a venue for public programs and events, private rental events and functions, and as an office for the Town of Coaldale Community Services Department.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, Saturday 10:00am-3:00pm from June 3-August 26
Puzzle your way through a life-size corn maze! It takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours to solve. Amenities include: corn maze (including child-sized haybale maze), pre-picked produce (corn, currants (red and black), pumpkins, saskatoons, strawberries, pumpkins), snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, tractor-pulled hay rides and a petting zoo.
Hours of Operation:
July 28-October 28
Monday-Saturday 10:00am-9:00pm (July & August)
Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-8:00pm, Friday-Saturday 10:00am-9:00pm (September & October)
Park Lake Provincial Park
Park Lake Provincial Park offers a number of recreational activities: baseball, beach, biking, camping, canoeing, fishing (& ice fishing), hiking, horseshoes, kayaking, playground, sailing, swimming, and wind surfing. Initially an irrigation reservoir built in 1929, the planting of poplars and further development led to its designation as a provincial park in 1932. Amenities in the park include a playground, concession, campsite, and much more.
The park is located approximately 17 km north of Lethbridge on Highway 25.
Keho Lake features a 9 hole golf course with pro shop, raised tee boxes, a practice green, driving range and clubhouse. The Lake has a swimming and camping area, and boating and fishing (pike, walleye and whitefish) is popular among visitors. Windsurfers, kitesurfers and sailors also enjoy the water and extreme wind conditions that Keho Lake has to offer.
The lake is located on Range Road 22-4, east of Highway 23 and north of Highway 519.
Located just 30 minutes east of Lethbridge, Stafford Lake can accomodate an array of recreational activities, including swimming, boating, camping, and more. A campsite is also located on the lake. Other features include fire pits, docks, and a sandy beach.
This is a peaceful spot and is popular for fishing and bird-watching. Annual trout stocking has made McQuillan Lake a popular sport for year-round fishing.
Located approximately 30km southeast of Lethbridge, across the road from the Indian Hill Golf Club, in the campground area.
Park Lake Provincial Park Campground
Camping Season: May-October
Phone: (403) 382-4097
Day use sites, overnight camping and group use sites. Sites are shaded by mature trees and are suitable for RVs and tents. There are unserviced, powered and lakefront options.
Fast food concession, firepits, playground, firewood sold, power, wheelchair accessible, etc.
Day use boat launch, sailing, wind surfing, canoeing, fishing, hiking, mountain biking
17 km Northwest of Lethbridge on Highway 25 (look for campground sign), 5 km North and West on paved secondary highway.
Stafford Lake Campground
Phone: (403) 634-4997
Seasonal and short-stay sites. Sites are unserviced and have fire pits and picnic tables. Potable water and septic disposal are available.
Concession, firepits, showers, playground, sandy beach, kayak and SUP rentals, and picnic area.
Day use boat launch and docking area, basketball, volleyball, bike riding, kayaking, and paddle boarding.
20 minutes eat of Lethbridge on Highway 3.
McQuillan Lake Campground
Phone: (403) 634-9987
Turn south off of Highway #3 (about 6 miles east of the Town of Coaldale) onto Highway #512. Continue 6 miles south to Township Road 8-4. Turn east for one mile on Township Road 8-4. Turn south on Range Road 19-1 for 1.5 miles.
Keho Lake Campground
Phone: (403) 824-3666
Several sites. Weekly and monthly rates available.
Power, water, trailer dump, shower & laundry facilities
Located next to Keho Park Golf Club.
There are several ways to access the campground:
The exact location is on Range Road 22-4 and 0.25 miles north of Township Road 11-4 or
4 1/4 miles north of Secondary Highway 519 on Range Road 22-4 or
From Highway 23 on Township Road 11-4 to Range Road 22-4 & north for 0.25 miles; along the south east shore of Keho Lake.
Phone: (403) 732-5371 or (403) 894-4926
30 site campground, tenting sites available, self registration campground
30 amp power service at each site, washrooms, showers, potable water, laundry facilities, WI-FI, firepits, picnic table, and trailer dump
Located across from the Picture Butte Golf Club.
The campground is located approx. 30 km north of Lethbridge on Highway 25 turning south on Range Road 21-5 towards the Picture Butte Golf Course.
Picture Butte Campground
Phone: Town of Picture Butte (403) 732-4555
9 stalls located in the Town of Picture Butte
One camp kitchen, washrooms
Nearby is the "Walk on the Wild Side" nature trail, fishing in the resevoir
Located in the Town of Picture Butte, adjacent to the irrigation reservoir on the north side of town.
Open April 1-October 31Phone: 1 (403) email@example.com
RV accommodations include 16 full-service RV sites.
The site includes 4 fully furnished homes for rent with full kitchens, air conditioning, free wifi, and more.
Located close to Lethbridge, the site includes farm animals and beautiful views.
Located east of Lethbridge. View map here: Elbas Farms
Open May 15-September 30Phone: Town of Coalhurst (403) 381-3033
Located in the Town of Coalhurst, 14 un-serviced stals, overnight camping is available and can be reserved.
32,000 square foot fenced area for private social functions (covered eating area, B.B.Q, kitchen with sink, stove, fridge and fireplace), washrooms, showers.
Located in the Town of Coalhurst in the Coalhurst Miners Memorial Park.
Keho Park Golf Club
- Keho Lake Golf Course is centrally located between Barons, Nobleford and Picture Butte in Lethbridge County.
- There are several ways to access the campground:
- The exact location is on Range Road 22-4 and 0.25 miles north of Township Road 11-4 or
- 4 1/4 miles north of Secondary Highway 519 on Range Road 22-4 or
- From Highway 23 on Township Road 11-4 to Range Road 22-4 & north for 0.25 miles; along the south east shore of Keho Lake
- This is a 9 hole (3,430 yard course) outdoor range featuring elevated tee boxes and greens, a pro shop, and a licensed restaurant.
- The course features two Par 3s and two Par 5s on the Par 36 course.
- Camping facilities are available.
- For more information (including fees), call (403) 824-3666 or visit www.kehopark.ca
Land-O-Lakes Golf and Country Club
- The Land-O-Lakes Golf and Country Club is located on the southwest corner of Coaldale.
- The golf course features 7 lakes and a canal, where water comes into play on 14 of the 18 holes (6,459 yard course).
- The club has paved the course so every hole has a cart path for easy access.
- There is a fully stocked pro shop with lessons offered to individuals and groups by certified CPGA professionals accompanied by a licensed eating establishment.
- For more information. call (403) 345-2200 or visit www.landolakesgolf.com
Picture Butte Golf Club
- Picture Butte Golf Club is located 15 minutes north of Lethbridge on Highway 25.
- This is a 27 hole course with a driving range and practice areas, a fully stocked pro shop, and a licensed clubhouse with dining facilities.
- Camping facilities are available across the road at Countryside Campground.
- For more information (including fees), call (403) 732-4157 or visit www.picturebuttegolf.com
Indian Hill Golf Course
- The Indian Hill Golf Course is located off Highway 845 south of Coaldale. Following the signs east and south of Highway 845, this 9 hole (2,983 yard course) outdoor range offers a golfing challenge for all ages.
- The course features a driving range, practice green and clubhouse facility with a fully stocked pro shop that includes a variety of golf accessories and a licensed restaurant.
- Pull and power carts are available for the course.
- Camping facilities are available across the road from the course at Lake McQuillan.
- There is a 72 hour window recommended for golfers wanting to book tee times.
- For more information (including fees), call (403) 345-5911 or visit www.indianhill.ca